Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sparrows

...with a starling in their midst.
Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin?
And not one of them falls to the ground
apart from your Father’s will.
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Do not fear therefore;
you are of more value than many sparrows.

Matthew 10: 29-31

I like the way sparrows often line up politely for their meals!

But these busy, flighty birds certainly disappeared in a hurry
when a sharp-shinned hawk flew into our cherry tree a month
ago, on a Sunday afternoon!

7 comments:

Trish said...

:) We saw him too!! Must of been the same Sunday! I wasn't as quick as you with the camera though.

Rebecca said...

I love all the bird pictures! They are so sweet...
Hopefully you'll soon have pictures of robins to post. (I can't wait for Spring time :)

Anonymous said...

wow those are some amazing pictures.........

Louise said...

wow Sharon! awesome pictures - so beautiful!

Rich and Cher said...

Caleb says:
It must have been hard to take a picture of those sparrows b/c they fly away quickly to look for more food! The pictures are good!

Rachel Joy said...

Yes, beautiful pictures, Sharon!
Some publisher of bird books or magazines is going to want to steal those! :)

Sharon said...

Thanks for the comments, folks! It is a real pleasure to "catch" these birds & share their beauty a little.

Praise be to our Creator for His incredible wisdom & power! How wonderful are His works!