Friday, November 03, 2006

Birthday Psalm

"LORD, make me to know my end,
And what is the measure of my days,
That I may know how frail I am.
Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths,
And my age is as nothing before You;
Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor...
And now, Lord, what do I wait for?
My hope is in You.
Deliver me from all my transgressions...
Hear my prayer, O LORD,
...For I am a stranger with You,
A sojourner, as all my fathers were."
Psalm 39: 4,5,7,8, 12

These all died in faith,
not having received the promises,
but having seen them afar off were assured of them,
embraced them
and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
For those who say such things declare plainly
that they seek a homeland.
And truly if they had called to mind
that country from which they had come out,
they would have had opportunity to return.
But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country.
Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God,
for He has prepared a city for them.
Hebrews 11: 13-16

No comments: