Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Life is but a mist...
"When things are taking their ordinary course, it is hard to remember what matters. There are so many things you would never think to tell anyone. And I believe they may be the things that mean most to you, and that even your own child would have to know in order to know you well at all." - a quote I read just now from Marilynne Robinson's novel Gilead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I knew you would like Gilead...
Mark
Thanks for the recommendation Mark - I'm enjoying the book very much. It is full of thoughtful quotes like that one and gives me a renewed appreciation for the blessings of life.
Yes, same thoughts here. I haven't read another author who could capture the complex web of thoughts, memories, biases, etc. going on in a person's mind. I find it brings out my own vulnerabilities and helps me understand myself. I found Home even better than Gilead, though quite a different book, heading across the street to the Boughton home.
Mark
Very touching... it brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for posting that.
Post a Comment