Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"God Will Provide"

George Mueller's father, missing his beard :)
(most of these were taken at the rehearsal the night before)
George Mueller as an older man, the narrator
Young George & his friend
"I just have to get George to that Bible study!"
"I pray that God will show me a way
to reach these children with His love!"

"Help me, please help me..."
(this song, as well as "We will work for the Lord," was written by Jo, who taught the kids choir all year -- thanks so much, Jo! and Elsa too, for faithfully playing piano!)



"Where's Baby Lydia?!"

"...It's to the streets I go!"


"Like I said before, love is what these children need!"
"When I am afraid, I will trust in You
-- in God, whose word I praise."

"We're just waiting for breakfast --
the cupboards are empty this morning."

"Don't you think the Lord has control over milkmen and their carts?!"
"Children, God has sent us our daily bread!"

"We will work for the Lord from the dawn to the setting sun..."
Great song -- I have needed to sing it to my kids a # of times
to bring a smile to their faces when they were beginning to "grump" about a chore!







1 Timothy 6: 6-16
Now godliness with contentment is great gain.
For we brought nothing into this world,
and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
And having food and clothing,
with these we shall be content.
But those who desire to be rich
fall into temptation and a snare,
and into many foolish and harmful luts
which drown men in destruction and perdition.
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil,
for which some have strayed from the faith
in their greediness,
and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
But you, O man of God, flee these things
and pursue righteousness, godliness,
faith, love, patience, gentleness.
Fight the good fight of faith,
lay hold on eternal life,
to which you were also called
and have confessed the good confession
in the presence of many witnesses.
I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things,
and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
that you keep this commandment without spot,
blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing,
which He will manifest in His own time,
He who is the blessed and only Potentate,
the King of kings and Lord of lords,
who alone has immortality,
dwelling in unapproachable light,
whom no man has seen or can see,
to whom be honor and everlasting power
. Amen.


Thank you so much, Cher, for writing & directing this play!
Thanks also to all the moms for each helping out in various ways,
especially to Rachel & Trish for doing the backdrops and
setting up the stage so nicely. And thanks to all the kids also -- you guys worked so hard at memorizing your lines & doing your best! What a blessing to all work together on this & be encouraged, as well as encourage others. To God be the glory!

8 comments:

Kevin and Carole said...

i was waiting for this!! beautiful pictures as usual, ralph & sharon!! thanks so much for posting them...and much thanks to you also for all your work at this year's co-op and for always so cheerfully wanting to help, and for always lugging your camera around and taking pics of all of our kids when none of the rest of us feel like lugging our cameras around (not me at least) and for putting together that great slideshow that i really want to see...i really appreciate all of your work and your delightfully cheerful attitude!! you are an inspiration to me!! :) love carole

Rich and Cher said...

Thanks Sharon - I was also waiting for these :) I'm so glad you take so many pics - we all benefit from them! What a night - I feel like we're all still excited about how the Lord upheld us and made it all work so smoothly - and it was such fun!

Mark and Christy said...

It looks like it was a great production! My mom and dad were just here and brought along a video that my father in law took of the play. I was very impressed! Great job!
Christy

Rachel Joy said...

Very nice pictures as usual!
Thanks for posting some highlights from the kids lines, too.
I'm glad you mentioned Jo's work with the choir. The scenes with the songs she wrote were favorites for many, I heard. Jo and Elsa both did a great job with the music - somebody else mentioned that the piano playing during the scene changes really added to the overall experience.
One of the really great things about our co-op is that the moms get a chance to practice and develop some of their gifts, too. (More than they might do at home, I mean.)

Sharon said...

Very true, Rachel!!

Don't worry, Carole -- we truly enjoy lugging that camera around everywhere!

And yes, it was really exciting how the Lord made everything go so smoothly last Friday!

Neat that you guys already saw a video of it, Christy! We haven't watched ours yet, but hope to soon. Ralph will copy it for all of our co-op families onto DVD -- hopefully sooner rather than later! :) -- along with the slide show.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking all those pictures Sharon! I to, am always impressed how you take your camera along and faithfully take pictures. Last year was especially funny because you were pregnant, and you would be right in there taking pictures:) What a beautiful play it was this year. I am so thankful that their are moms who enjoy teaching things like art. I don't enjoy doing that at all, and I am glad that I get to teach what I enjoy! It is so neat that it takes each of us moms to work together to make the play happen. I will greatly miss working and teaching along side of you godly ladies:)
Love,
Jo

Anonymous said...

This was such an incredibly great play! I hope you got lots of excellent videos of it. You might even consider publishing this! It's actually not hard to copyright this,would you believe it? It's so fantastic, from the songs to the scenery and the whole story! It's so God glorifying! That's the best part!

Dauna said...

Asheigh looks great! THANKS to Carole for inviting us. Alas! I wish I could have made it. The whole production looks like it went really well. I am sure that a lot of work went into it. the sets look really well too. I am embarrassed to say I know very little about George Muller except that he sometimes didn't know where his next meal would come from and God always provided for him. :)
Good job everyone!