Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Our windshield :(


Well, we are very thankful for the Lord's preservation & care after what happened to us yesterday. I went out with the kids to a few stores, & they came in to some of them but not to the last one.
(It's handy to be able to leave them with Rachel sometimes!)
Anyways, Daniel seems to have played with the front hood release, because when we were driving home on the 410 soon after, the hood flew up & smashed the front windshield -- and stayed up, leaving me unable to see where I was going! I slowed down & the Lord enabled us to make it safely off the highway onto the shoulder. I slammed the hood shut & we drove home slowly & full of thanksgiving that no one was hurt! Praise the Lord! The wind must have been strong enough to release the safety latch that should have kept the hood shut. It sounds like our insurance will cover the damage, at least. (a new hood & windshield) :( Hopefully we learn a few lessons through all this!
-- especially to be ever thankful for the Lord's constant care, for mercifully surrounding His people with His protection!

2 comments:

Lizzi said...

Wow. To think what might have happened!!!
Praise the Lord for His love and His mercy!

Steve and Jo said...

What a crazy thing to have happen!! I am so glad to hear that you were able to get to the side of the road without getting into an accident! Thank the Lord! A good note for us all to remember when we are letting our kids play in the van:)