Friday, June 04, 2010

God's Miracle: The Story of Mimosa

Mimosa's father: "No, you don’t see! I don’t want to bring my daughter to your Christian school."
Storytime in Dohnavur: "...He is a God of great love. His love is so great that it can hold onto us even through very hard times and sadness. And he showed His greatest love in His Son, Jesus Christ..."

"Hold me now, Oh Father of Jesus,
Sheltered, safe, asleep in Your arms..."


For love, brave love that ventureth,
For love that faileth not, I come,
For love that never wearieth,
Nor findeth burdens burdensome.

O Love that light’est all my ways,
Within, without, below, above,
Flow through the minutes of my days,
The sum of all my life be love.
Amy Carmichael

Husband: "Mimosa, beautiful Mimosa - so what if we are in debt? Everyone is in debt! With a wife like you, nothing else matters!"

Husband: "I just have to…….. sit?!"

Mimosa's mother: "I will not help you! Ask your God to help you!"


Mimosa's son: "Mother, what will we eat?"

Mimosa: "I do not understand. But Father - it is well. All that you do is well. Here is my empty sari. Fill it as you see fit."



"I think God really did do a miracle then."
"Yes, dear. The whole story was God’s miracle."



1 comment:

Rich and Cher said...

Very nice - I love it that you put some of the lines from the play in! So colourful, eh? I just love all those saris! And all the cute animal costumes - what fun!
A big "congratulations" to Rachel on her graduation from all of us here :) She's a special girl and we're thankful to know her.