Monday, December 14, 2009

David Calvin


With thanks and praise to our Covenant God
we welcomed a new child into our family today...




Mother and baby are well


"Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.

Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.

They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate."

Psalm 127:3-5

15 comments:

Kevin and Carole said...

AWWWW Ralph so glad you uploaded pics! He's beautiful!! Kev thinks he looks just like Andrew in one of the pics, I can't tell, except for that he is perfect. Congratulations to you all, we love him already and are so thankful for sweet precious cousins!! we praise God with you!! lots of love from proud uncle kev and aunt carole :)

Carole said...

I showed your kiddies and they were all quite excited. They think he is very cute and can't wait to hold him. :)

Marguerite said...

Wow! What a cutie!! but big sister can tell the pictures are edited - he's too cute for a boy - LOL :)
He must only be hours old here so Rachel's not sure who he looks like yet (tho she says she never knows who babies look like - guess he just looks like himself: Davy-boy!) We already have a nick name for him! ;)
Can't wait to see him! I think I should just come and help you, Sharon, for a few couple days while Rachel looks after "Betty" here :).
Bethany smiled big when she saw Mommy with baby - when we explained that it was her new brother, she said "not Betty bother... - baby! Betty bonk a head" as she pointed to the baby! Of course I quickly proceeded to explain to her that Betty had to be gentle with baby - he's not a dolly....
Anyways we praise the Lord for His mercies to you and rejoice for the gift of another covenant child!
We all love you & baby Davy lots!

Steve and Jo said...

What a gorgeous little boy! We were so glad to hear that you had had a little boy! We are looking forward to seeing him soon. God has been so good to both our families!

Steve and Jo said...

Oh, and Sharon you look GREAT!

Rachel Joy said...

Really cute pictures. I love that cute fuzzy baby hair. :)
I'm seeing Andrew in him, too. Congratulations, Ralph and Sharon!

Christine said...

How wonderful to see these pictures! I think he looks just like Maria did in one of the pictures. He's so cute! What a blessing sons and daughters are!!!!
May God give you all the strength, energy and wisdom you need to raise him as a mighty man of God.
(Kenny thinks you need a girl next.)
;-)
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ralph and Sharon with your new little son!! He sure is cute!! The Lord's blessing as you raise up this little one for Him.

Maria said...

Very cute! Congratulations, Sharon and Ralph!

Betty said...

I agree! What a cutie! He looks like he has a bunch of dark hair! I actually saw Ralph in him for a minute. I can't wait to see him in person. So glad you are both doing well. I hope you, Sharon, had a good night sleep last night. We're praying for you both, actually for you all.

Betty

Trish said...

Very Cute! Rejoicing with you! Thanks for pictures! I hope to stop by tomorrow to pick up the police check papers and to steal a little peek??? :) If I may?

Ange for all the R. Bouts said...

What a blessing! Newborns are just soo miraculously special looking. Thanks for the call. We are rejoicing with you.

Mark said...

That's great guys!! We are so glad for you and your family. We are really looking forward to seeing you this Christmas!

Mark and Christy

Mark said...

That's great guys!! We are so glad for you and your family. We are really looking forward to seeing you this Christmas!

Mark and Christy

Elisabeth said...

Congratulations Aunt Sharon!! God is good! So glad you are both well. What a dolly =) From the pictures I agree that he seems to look like both Maria and Andrew -- looking forward to seeing him in person before too long, though I know he'll be a lot bigger then! God's blessings on you both.
Lizzi