Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Visitors :)

The Lord blessed us with many visitors today!
Louise took Margarita & Raddoy over for the afternoon --
we then said our good-byes to Louise, as she & Ruth plan to leave
on Thursday for their trip to Bulgaria to help out some homeschooling families there for 6 weeks... please keep them in prayer! I didn't remember to get a picture of Louise;
however, here's a cute one of Margarita, Raddoy, & Bethany
(Raddoy seemed to enjoy Bathany's "caresses" & playing with him -- very cute -- though he wouldn't let her have his blanky, understandably!)
And guess who dropped in this afternoon -- Steve & Amy!
We were thrilled -- thanks so much for the visit, guys!
The kids (esp. Bethany) gave Steve rather uncertain looks at first,
but soon they found out he is the same old teasin',
fun-lovin' uncle under that strange new beard! :)
We can't wait to see the new cousin Amy's got hidden away,
being "made in secret..." We'll continue to keep you three in prayer!
More visitors today -- birds & blossoms make the camera irresistible to me! :) These finches were feasting on cherry blossoms, but we do have an abundance of them so it's okay with me.





lots of threatening grackles around here,
trying in vain to scare away the squirrels...

The little thief below was enjoying himself very much this afternoon!
We've been feeding him all winter & call him "Friend" (seriously!)
but this was a bit much & I had to chase him away -- after we had all
watched him for a bit, of course! I had moved a pail of cherry branches over this morning, & he noticed that he could use one of them as his picnic bench. Squirrels are so intelligent!

and since the camera was out, I couldn't resist catching a few
more of the many lovely splashes of colour around our yard today.
I LOVE SPRING
! :) (Who doesn't?!?)
I love the way the Lord lavishes beauty all around,
giving us small but wonderful glimpses of His beauty & power,
love & wisdom, light & life!

The LORD is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation;
He is my God, and I will praise Him;
My father’s God, and I will exalt Him.


Who is like You, O LORD, among the gods?
Who is like You, glorious in holiness,
Fearful in praises, doing wonders?

Exodus 15: 2, 11

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!!!!
From the looks of all those cherry blossoms, I would think you might get a bumper crop of cherries this year, (again)

Anonymous said...

Very nice indeed! It was very nice to visit you all again - thanks for the homemade bread and "chocolate spread" What fun times with the kids!!!

Sharon said...

You're welcome -- it was a real treat to have you over!! Come anytime...

Dauna said...

You're flower pictures are awesome! (to your question, who doesn't like spring, my dad and my sister...they have very bad allergies, so they can't enjoy any benefits from spring!). Fortunately, I don't have that problem, and it is my second favourite time of the year (next to fall...I love the colours), but the hope an promise that spring brings is very encouraging too. especially after the kind of winter we had this year!