We landed in Athens on Wednesday, March 7, along with a number of other couples who we would be traveling with in the Mediterranean for the next 9 days. :)
We stayed at this hotel that night, enjoying a delicious supper and an early, amazing breakfast.
The next morning our bus left at 8a.m., heading for Corinth. On our way, we stopped at the impressive Corinth Canal. Wikipedia explains:
The Corinth Canal is a canal that connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf in the Aegean Sea. It cuts through the narrow Isthmus of Corinth and separates the Peloponnesian peninsula from the Greek mainland, thus effectively making the former an island. The builders dug the canal through the Isthmus at sea level; no locks are employed. It is 6.4 kilometres (4.0 mi) in length.
Here is an aerial view from Google Earth:







2 comments:
Oooh! The pictures of your cruise! I've been waiting for these! I'm assuming there will be many more as this is just the beginning of the story. What a very neat experience. I wish I could just sit down with you and look at an album and have you tell me all about it! But I'll be happy to at least see your pictures and read a few details. We should talk again, Sharon - I'm missing you!
Yes, the long-awaited pictures! Sorry for the wait! It is a big (fun!)job because there is so much to tell and so many pictures to choose from!
And yes, we really need to talk ASAP - I miss you too!
Post a Comment