Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virginia Tech

This is really worth reading -- it is a response to
yesterday's tragedy, written by Doug Phillips.
"On the Horror of Virginia Tech -
Finding Eternal Hope in Present Sorrow"

6 comments:

Rich and Cher said...

It is good, yet I have questions about his thoughts regarding "a well-informed and armed society" to fight & protect against lawlessness. Hmmm, where does Rom 13 fit with this? ra

Steve said...

wow - that is a helpful perspective!

Mark and Christy said...

Hey Ralph and Sharon! We have to talk some time again!

That response of Mr. Phillips sounds more like a rant to me: using a tragic event to advance his views doesn't seem appropriate. And I don't know what people mean when they write things like: "Our nation has broken covenant with the God of our fathers. We have forsaken the law of God and have worshipped before false idols."

MS

Sharon said...

Oops, this is Sharon here. I must confess, I read Phillips' response rather quickly, especially the ending -- and generally thought it was good, so I posted it. But when Ralph came home that night he asked if I was trying to ignite a storm of comments?!
But I left it on anyways. So, for the record, we don't agree with everything he says -- yes, America was never in covenant with God like Israel was, for example...

Good to see that people still read our blog! Hmm, now I know how to get some comments! ;)

Rich and Cher said...

Thanks Sharon - I think D Phillips is generally very perceptive and helpful. It's always a pleasure to read your blog. Keep it up. ra

Sharon said...

Thanks for the encouragement!