"Where no oxen are, the trough is clean;Have you ever wondered how to apply the wisdom given in this Proverb to your life? Here's a thought-provoking and helpful sermon by Dr. Kloosterman called "Life Lessons From Messy Oxen".
But much increase comes by the strength of an ox."
Proverbs 14:5
Let me know what you think...
3 comments:
I appreciated it. Listened to it last week while walking thru Bruce Beer Park & other streets.... ra
Ralph,
Yes, thanks for the sermon. Dr. K basically told us not to preach from the Proverbs, but I'm glad he's often strayed from his own advice :)
K did not make the connection, but I found his reasoning helpful in application to current theological controversies. People make a lot of trouble for the church when they emphasize one theological principle TO THE EXCLUSION of other important principles.
Mark
Mark,
For sure! Too often trouble in the church of every sort (not just theological) is caused by a basic lack of wisdom. Wisdom, as Dr. K said, is "the art of applying God's principles - all of them - to life situations".
Post a Comment